Adverts

Friday, March 22, 2013

Desiring Excitement

I’ve been feeling the daily grind recently, especially this week.  My job is not the problem but the time taken up by commuting is annoying. I feel that I am lacking a bit of fun in my life – always working, commuting or studying, and if not then doing laundry, cleaning, blah blah blah.  Even some weekends I have to stay in.  Where has the fun gone?  Where is the excitement?



Oh for some sunshine and a holiday. Just a couple of sunny days would do.  Sunny days not at work. It can rain every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday for all I care, especially as the air conditioning still will not work this year, of that I am sure of.  Again - nothing changes.

On a totally unrelated note, I am remembering the days when work was abundant, around 10-12 years ago, and I went for an interview at a mortgage company, in Bracknell, it would have been around £5k a year more than I was earning then.  Apparently they really liked me but for one thing.  The agency were furious with me afterwards.  I thought I was being perfectly reasonable in my demands.

The reason why I didn’t get the job was because I told the prospective employer that I didn’t like speaking to people on the phone.  I just refused to work on the phone.  I didn’t want a job which involved telephone conversations with strangers.

I am quite tickled looking back that I thought that would be perfectly acceptable!

Within a year I was telephoning bank customers to advise fraud had taken place.  I can change.

I get some interesting phone calls in this job.  10% of people I speak to are lovely.  80% are boring, and mostly miserable.  Some are really miserable - nobody likes paying.  And 10% are really angry.

Anyway, the plan is in action to change course, one I wish I had enacted several years ago but never mind.  I published a new feature on my website last night - an interview with Christopher Wells - one half of CUBED.  I thought this was quite a coup for Ubereadoolishce.

Next up is to design the logo.  I think it will look really good but I need to learn Photoshop first, and have 24 days left to do so.  The pressure is on.  If only I didn't have to commute 2.5 hours every damn day.

Why don't I move to Bracknell?  Now there is an idea...

Tonight I am going to CUBED.  In Reading.  It is good, I recommend it.  I am excited.  Join me.

Next Thursday could be my highlight of the year so far, the excitement I have been waiting for.  Nina Kraviz.  With a few of my favourite most delightful friends - yes more than one friend this time.

Cruelly, Ricardo is back at fabric at the end of April but I doubt I will have a dancing partner.  And certainly won't have any money.

I want a holiday.  And guess what?  I am having a holiday to Hull at the beginning of May.  I dreamt last night that Hull City got promoted.  I cannot wait to be in Hull for the promotion party.  Hope we get tickets as I want to go on the pitch at the end.

Excitement over.  Back to work.  Delusion is delightful.